Monday, November 14, 2005

Ummm...Okay

Alright, this is my first attempt at a blog. It's seems like the current fad, like faux-LiveStrong bracelets and saying "snap" when someone's being screwed over. However, I'm not just blogging for blogging sake. No, I'm traveling to the motherland (or is that fatherland? What's the difference? How 'bout parentsland?). This isn't just a "go-to-visit-the-family" trip. Hopefully it'll be something more. You know, traveling until I have no more money, and attempt to find volunteer and/or work opportunities along the way (while the former sounds good, the latter will help replenish my depleted coffers...so India won't have all my money!). I'll definitely be coming back in August for Sejal and Joe's wedding. Perhaps I'll be back earlier in the year, too. My goal with this trip is not only to travel, but also to get the experience needed to finally get work in my field. Oh, and to get a wicked tan, too!

During this trip, I will periodically post updates on this site. This way, if you want to check out what's going on with my trip, you can. No mass e-mails. Just you reading about my exploits (and hopefully getting really really jealous!) when you want to.

Also, I may post pics here, depending on how much room this site gives me. If I choose not to post them here, I'll indicate later where I do plan to post them. This way, if you weren't jealous before, you can get totally green-eyed when looking at my photos.

Alright, that's it for an intro. Check in later. Peace.

No comments: