Monday, February 13, 2006

Scared Puppies

Yesterday isn't the first time I came across a dog that seemed terrified of humans. Many, and by this I mean about half, seem to have a mortal fear of humans. Yesterday, while in Melkote, I tried to befriend a puppy that was scrounging around for food. All the while, a little girl seemed intent on terrorizing this poor creature. She stomped near it, yelled, and really treated it like crap. So, when I tried to call it over or approach it, it stayed away warily. It didn't want anything to do with me.

Sometimes I can befriend a dog here or there. Usually, they only experience fear around other humans and I. For a society known for its kindness to animals, India hasn't shown it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ohhh..how sad!!! You think you csn snag me one of those cute puppies???